Today, in the cycle of reviewing new and simply interesting indicator strategies, we will learn about a completely new trading system called “ADX 15 Minutes EUR / JPY Trend Strategy”. It is really new, because just the other day it was published on the popular Western forum of traders.
Within a few days, this strategy has attracted the attention of many users and traders, and it continues to gain popularity.
With our help, you will also be among the first who have already read it and know:
- What instruments is it built on?
- What rules does it work by?
- What signals do its instruments give and how to trade these signals correctly?
We will adhere to this plan, in order, revealing all its points.
Instruments of the TS “ADX 15 Minutes EUR / JPY Trend Strategy”
After downloading and unpacking the template from the zip archive, the unpacked indicators and template files should be placed in the appropriate folders of your terminal. You can do it like this:
- We open the terminal.
- On the toolbar, go to the “File” menu, find the item “Open data directory” and click on it. The root directory of your terminal will open, where:
- Copy the template file (with the “.tpl” extension) to the “templates” folder.
- You should copy the unpacked indicator files (files with the “.ex4” extension) to the “MQL4” → “Indicators” folder.
- Next, we reload the terminal (close it and restart it).
- Right-click in the terminal window and select “Template” → “Load Template” in the context menu
- In the window that opens, select the file “ADX 15 Minutes EURJPY Trend Strategy.tpl”, click on it, and all the instruments we need will be installed on the chart with all the necessary settings.
- To see a list of all the instruments you have installed from the template, go to the menu “Charts” → “List of indicators”
Indicator signals and market entry
After installing the indicators, you need to open the desired chart:
- According to the rules of this strategy, we trade on the EUR / JPY currency pair.
- The working timeframe is M15.
We have already done all this and are now starting to study indicator signals and the rules for entering the market using them.
Login with purchase
To open a buy position, we need several conditions to be met:
- The appearance on the price chart of a blue arrow pointing up.
- The RSI curve in its window lies above the level marked “60”.
- The ADX curve in its window is located above the level marked “22”.
Login with sale
Sell signals are opposite to sell signals:
- The arrow on the price chart is colored red and directed downward.
- The RSI curve is below the 40 level.
- The ADX curve is all above the “22” level.
We can fix profit in different ways (depending on the situation):
- The deal can be closed by Stop Loss order.
- It is necessary to strive to close by Take Profit. It is possible to set several Take Profit levels. In this case, when the price moves in the direction of an open position, you can transfer the deal to breakeven, fixing a part of the profit, and continue it until the maximum profit is obtained at the next Pivot level.
- Profit-taking at breakeven.
- Closing a position when an opposite signal appears on the price chart:
- When shopping, this is the appearance of a red arrow.
- When selling, this is a blue arrow.